Things To Not Hate: Bruno Mars’ Righteous New Music Video
Bruno Mars feels you. Feels you hard. Check out this music video for his latest single, “Treasure.”
A few things worth noting while you watch:
1. Everyone in this video is a professional dancer. Except that one guy behind Bruno not even holding an instrument. That dude’s dancing in this pro bono.
2. Bruno Mars real name is Peter Hernandez. Really.
3. People were leaning towards blue, but ended up deciding that red would be the dopest color to wear.
4. They originally rented a couple Canon 5Ds to film this pup, then got to the studio and realized it came with shitty lo-fi cameras leftover from its new-channel days. They decided to go with these. #yolo
5. This was new to the make-up artists, whose efforts were rendered pretty much negligible thanks to the non-HD tech.
6. A different video involving pirates and/or wordplay involving "treasure" could have been equally cool.
7. Asked about the choice to film in an aspect ratio different from all other videos currently out on YouTube, thereby forever attaching black vertical bars to either side of the film, Director Cameron Duddy said, “Oh…fuck…”
8. At first it felt like a #sausagefest, but everyone agreed afterwards that they eventually got into the groove and didn’t even notice that there weren’t any ladies except the one that only Bruno gets to talk to.