Celebrities: Then and Now
These stars may be world famous now, but can you recognize them in their younger days? 1. This little guy looks as comfortable as can be suspended in amniotic fluid! It’s no wonder this future swimmer would go on to win 18 Olympic gold medals in water sports!
A. Michael Phelps
2. At 22 weeks into the gestation period, this future celeb’s entire body is covered in a fine layer of lanugo hair which will fall off around 38 weeks, but you may better know her iconic cut as ‘The Rachel!’
A. Jennifer Aniston
3. Uh oh, looks like someone’s a messy eater! This future Oscar-winner has digested spaghetti broken down into glucose and proteins absorbed from the mother’s bloodstream by the small intestine, which travel to the placenta and are transferred to the fetus through the umbilical chord, all over his face!
A. Christoph Waltz
4. Whoa, check out the newly-formed cranial nerves on that embryo! You can already tell this future celeb is going to be one of the smartest guys in the cosmos.
A. Neil Degrasse Tyson
5. Before she was America’s Sweetheart, this It Girl’s heart and gastrointestinal tract were busy developing. Wait—did her liver just begin to produce secretions? How quirky and relatable!
A. Jennifer Lawrence
6. While at 10 weeks post-conception this celeb’s genitals may have made their first appearance, this star’s family jewels made their most recent appearance on stage in a production of Equus!
A. Daniel Radcliffe